To provide strategic technical leadership in the implementation and coordination of technology development, acquisition, transfer and adaptation
- Leading the formulation of policies relating to Technology development, acquisition, transfer and adaptation.
- Providing strategic leadership in development of departmental plans, budgets, reports and the day to day management of the department.
- Leading the Promotion of Research and Development in technology for value addition on STI products and services.
- Fostering development of artisans and other scientific knowledge interlocutors at community level.
- Leading the promotion of product development and commercialization programs for local scientific innovations.
- Fostering partnerships among knowledge generators (researchers) knowledge transformers (industrialists and entrepreneurs) and end users (consumers).
- Facilitating transfer forecasting (transfer, negotiation & adaptation) of appropriate technologies.